1/1 Photo of Baked French Toast With Pecans
This dish is assembled a day ahead so the buttery sauce can soak into the bread. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light cream (or half and half)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf challah (1 inch thick) or 1 loaf egg bread, sliced (1 inch thick)
- maple syrup, warmed, for serving
- 1Stir butter, brown sugar and maple syrup in heavy saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth. Pour into 9" X 13" glass baking dish. Sprinkle pecans over butter mixture.
- 2Whisk eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and arrange in single layer in prepared dish.
- 3Pour remaining egg mixture over bread slices in dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refridgerate overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 350F/180°C Bake French toast uncovered until golden brown and puffed and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- 5Cut into six pieces. Serve pecan-side up with additional warm maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked French Toast With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.7
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 400.8 mg
- Sodium 501.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 19.0 g