Recipe by jonesies
French bread is used and baked in the oven, then served with a cereal coating and orange/berry sauce. Taken from the Kellogg's site.
- 8 ounces liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal (crushed to 3/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄3 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow dish combine egg substitute, milk, orange peel, 2 teaspoons of vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip bread slices into milk mixture, coating both sides.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450°F for 9 minutes or until light brown.
- Turn bread.
- Sprinkle with cereal.
- Lightly press cereal into bread.
- Bake for 6 minutes more or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan stir together orange juice, honey and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling and thickened.
- Gently stir in strawberries and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Serve over toast.