1/1 Photo of Baked French Toast With Fruit
Recipe from Penzey's Spices catalog. Yummy! --Overnight soaking of the bread is what causes the dish to puff up and be very creamy when baked. If you don't have overnight, at least let it soak a few hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease 9x13 pan.
- 2Cut the bread in 3/4-inch slices.
- 3Layer in the pan, fitting snugly. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- 4Stir in the milk.
- 5Pour over bread; turn bread slices over.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7In the morning, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 8In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Cut the butter in bits, add to the mix and rub together to make a crumb topping.
- 10Remove the pan from the fridge, carefully turn the bread pieces over and scatter mixed berries evenly over the bread.
- 11Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until puffy and golden.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked French Toast With Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.4
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 185.5 mg
- Sodium 175.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
day-old French bread