Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good and easy. Make sure to use Texas Toast.
Make and share this Baked French Toast With Blueberry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- Pour melted butter on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Dip both sides of Texas toast into egg mixture; place on prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir in blueberries and orange juice concentrate.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with French toast.