Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good and easy. Make sure to use Texas Toast.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- Pour melted butter on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Dip both sides of Texas toast into egg mixture; place on prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir in blueberries and orange juice concentrate.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with French toast.