12 hrs 40 mins
My mother's favorite meal is brunch and this is the reason why. We makes this recipe several times a year, and it freezes great. This can be made without the blueberries for picky eaters, as that was how I liked it when I was young. Note: don't ruin it by putting on syrup--it is fantastic just the way it is. Also, prep times includes the overnight refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2Diagonally cut break into 1 inch slices, place in baking dish, and set aside.
- 3In medium bowl light beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- 4Stir in milk.
- 5Pour mixture over break in baking dish, turning slices to coat well.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Heat over to 375°F.
- 8In small bowl combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- 9Turn bread slices over in baking dish. Scatter blueberries over bread and sprinkle evenly with crumb mixture.
- 10Bake about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Before serving, top with strawberries, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked French Toast With Blueberries
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 386.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g