This came from the show Paula's Home Cooking with Paula Deen on the Food Network. It is absolutely delicious! Prep time does not include overnight soaking.
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 oz)
- 8 large eggs
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml packed light brown sugar
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 29.58 ml light corn syrup
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1 inch thick.
- Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9x13-inch baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with egg mixture.
- Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread praline topping evenly over bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed up and lightly golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.