1/4 Photos of Baked French Toast Casserole With Maple Syrup
Jamia Motsinger's Note:
This came from the show Paula's Home Cooking with Paula Deen on the Food Network. It is absolutely delicious! Prep time does not include overnight soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 oz)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1 inch thick.
- 2Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9x13-inch baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping slices.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- 4Pour mixture over bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with egg mixture.
- 5Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
- 6Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 7The next morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 8Spread praline topping evenly over bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed up and lightly golden brown.
- 9Serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked French Toast Casserole With Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1296.9
- Calories from Fat 576
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 364.8 mg
- Sodium 1334.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 34.2 g