Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Prepare this dish the night before and just pop it into the oven when you wake up for a fast breakfast. The smell alone will wake the kiddies for school in the morning. Prep time is 30 minutes + overnight chill time.
Top Review by Lisa in Oregon
this was very good, my mistake was the french bread I used was to soft and it made it mushy, BUT the cream cheese spread you make for this was awsome! it would be good to make and put on bagels. but over all this was very good and I think I will make it again but with a dince type of bread.
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 loaf thick sliced bread
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cheese, pecans, brown sugar, syrup, and 1/4 t cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Beat together, with a whisk, milk, eggs 1/4 cup granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Spread cheese mixture on one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer at an angle in a 13 x 9" baking dish, cheese side up.
- Pour milk mixture over the bread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Remove wrap and sprinkle with 2 T sugar and 1 1/2 t cinnamon mixed together.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 350 degrees, for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and egg is set.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar before serving.