Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A different version of the morning favorite.
Make and share this Baked French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (or oatmeal, or other whole grain bread)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a food processor or blender, whirl the cottagecheese, milk, sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish, place the bread in it, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray generously.
- Place it in the preheat oven for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, place the bread on it, and bake for 6minutes.
- Turn the bread over and bake 5 to 6 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve with no sugar added jam.