Recipe by *Fancy*
This recipe came from my friend, Julie! Easy to make and tastes out of this world!! Must be made in a glass baking dish as a metal pan will overcook it.
Top Review by sag_loves_gem
I followed this recipe exactly. I used my 9x13 glass casserole dish but it wasn't big enough and the amounts listed were way too much (butter was pooled in bottom.) I didn't use all the egg/milk mixture and it still made the bread float. After 45 minutes, the tops were nice and browned, crispy but the rest of the bread was so soggy it was falling apart. I think maybe this recipe needs to be modified a little, or I did it wrong. IDK.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 slices bread (any type but I use Texas Toast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and milk together and set aside.
- Melt butter and spread evenly around a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar& cinnamon evenly in bottom of pan.
- Next, stack 2 layers of bread in pan (I only use one layer if using Texas toast).
- Pour egg & milk mixture over the layered bread. (Can use less of this mixture if you'd like).
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- NOTE: Can be made the night before and baked the next morning.