Simple to put together in the morning & pretty flexible. We prefer the brown sugar for the sweetener, and I don't think we've ever tried the bananas and strawberries but I've heard they're good. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the butter and sweetener in a 9"x13" baking dish; set dish in oven until the butter is melted. Remove dish from oven and layer bread in two rows, overlapping edges.
- Beat eggs and milk in a bowl. Pour mixture over bread.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until bread is firm. Remove from oven.
- Remove pieces and flip onto plates so that the glazed side is up.
- Cover pieces with bananas and strawberries, if desired.