Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I usually double or triple this recipe when the entire family (parents, siblings & kids) are in town for the holidays. Small house, lots of people, need peace of mind. Almost like making homemade stuffing but as french toast. I make this right before cooking and do not soak overnight.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 8x8 baking dish.
- Blend eggs, milk and spices together well.
- Pour over bread and mix well.
- Add more milk/egg if seems too dry. You want a moisture of stuffing.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set and golden.
- Note: If soaking overnight, use about a third to halk more of the egg and milk.
- I also use Raspberry extract and double the vanilla. I don't use imitation anything.