- 1 cup light maple syrup
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 3 quart oblong baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the maple syrup into the dish.
- Slice the French bread into eigth 2 inch slices and place over the syrup.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, skim milk, vanilla, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread, pressing the bread to soak up the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.