Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or 4 slices oatmeal bread or 4 slices whole grain bread
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a food processor or blender, whirl the cottage cheese, milk, sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla for about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish, place the bread in it, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray generously.
- Place it in the preheat oven for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, place the bread on it, and bake for 6 minutes.
- Turn the bread over and bake 5 to 6 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve with no sugar added jam.
As an avid cottage cheese hater, I am always on the lookout for ways to enjoy it. This recipe was a nice way of disguising it! I halved the recipe and used almond milk and one egg white. But I still found that there was a LOT of soaking liquid that went to waste. Next time I may cut down on that. Thanks for posting!
I found this to use up some cottage cheese that was about to go bad. It was good. Had some trouble with it cooking right though. I will play around with it some more.
This was great! I really liked the crisp baked texture. I'll probably add some cinnamon or nutmeg next time to give it just a little more flavor, but this is defiantely a keeper!!