Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is so simple and is really good. I love to make this on Sunday morning when the family wants a nice big breakfast and I just want to relax. Just put it all together the night before, and pop it in the oven in the morning!
- 10 -12 slices thinly sliced French bread
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons margarine, cubed
- Arrange bread slices in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Beat eggs with milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Pour over bread in baking dish.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Uncover and dot with margarines.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 min or until bread is puffy and golden.