Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
A sweet and sumptuous baked French toast recipe which is prepared the night before and baked in the morning.
Top Review by MountainCook
Made this for breakfast this morning. Oh my. Decadent! I love how the bread puffed up when it baked so that it came out like a souffle. I substituted pure maple syrup for the light corn syrup.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 8 eggs
- 475 ml milk
- 355 ml half-and-half cream
- 10 ml vanilla extract
- 5⁄8 g ground cinnamon
- 170 g butter
- 195 g brown sugar
- 45 ml light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling.
- Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.