Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so good! plan ahead this needs to be refrigerated for minimum 4 hours or up to 7 hours. If you are feeding a crowd then, prepare two 13x9-inch baking pans.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bread into 1-inch slices.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter; melt over medium-low heat.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in maple extract.
- Using tongs, dip the bread into hot syrup, and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, half and half (or milk if using) and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread in the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- When ready to bake, set oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through, and a crust has formed on top.