Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine.
Make and share this Baked French Swirl Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf pepperidge farm cinnamon-swirl bread, cubed (160zs.)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups half-and-half or 3 cups milk
- cinnamon sugar or confectioners' sugar
- whipped butter
- maple syrup
- Place bread cubes and cranberries in greased 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Mix eggs, half and half, pour over all.
- Cover and refridgerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set in center.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Well, it doesn't get much easier than this....and what flavor!!!! This is going into by "keeper" book. Love the hit of sweetness it provides too. A winner for sure, L . and T.Mom.
I usually make overnight breakfast stratas that have a ton of ingredients & are a little time consuming, so I was thrilled at how fast this went together this morning - even before my coffee was brewed! It tasted delicious too. DS especially liked the crunchy crusts. The instructions don't say to cut them off (as I usually do), so I didn't. Even DH who doesn't like cinnamon was pleased with this recipe. Thanks for sharing, L. and T. mom! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for Pick-A-Chef Spring 2008.
great dish I let it sit overnight and it really saoked in everything. YUMMY