Recipe by NurseJaney
I have made this SO many times with Creamy Chicken Bake, for family and friends, that they expect it at least once a year. My friend, Diane, first served us this 30 years ago, when we were neighbors.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #81 and this was a hit. I used fresh mushrooms (that is what I had) and added a small clove of minced garlic but otherwise followed the instructions.. This was a delicious rice dish! Served with recipe#305221#305221 and broccoli. Thank you for posting and I know we will have this again.
- 1 (14 ounce) can onion soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 cups white rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup and butter, stir well.
- Drain mushrooms and water chestnuts, reserving liquid.
- Add enough water to liquid to make 1 1/2 cup.
- Add mushrooms, waterchestnuts, liquid and rice to soup mixture.
- Pour into 9X12 greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.