1/2 Photos of Baked French Fries With Chile Peppers & Cilantro
Serve with Chipotle-Lime Yogurt Dipping Sauce recipe below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium russet potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 large red jalapeno chile, seeded & membranes removed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Chipotle-Lime Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Cut potatoes lengthwise into slices that are 1/3-inch thick and then cut each slice into 1/3-inch thick strips. Dry the potatoes between two kitchen towels. (Make sure the fries are bone dry.) In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. (Don't over oil or they will become soggy.).
- 3Divide the potatoes between two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spread into a single layer. Bake until the potatoes are golden brown, about 40 minutes, turning the potatoes every 10 minutes, and rotating the racks halfway through baking. Note: Mine took less than 40 minutes and turning, also, prevents sticking.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoon olive in a small nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add garlic and jalapenos and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- 5Place the cooked potatoes in a large bowl and toss with garlic, peppers, and cilantro. Taste and season with additional salt, if necessary.
- 6To make sauce: In a medium bowl, stir to combine yogurt, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and lime juice. Serve with fries.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked French Fries With Chile Peppers & Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.0
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 554.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: