Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was born and raised in Philadelphia and my father and I used to go to the New Jersey shore to fish for flounder. He would then cook it this very easy way and trust me, it's DELICIOUS !!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees& spray large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Rub the fillets on both sides with lemon juice, then salt and pepper them to taste.
- Place the fillets in the baking dish& completely dab with butter.
- Then sprinkle evenly with chopped scallions& tarragon.
- Bake for about 5 to 15 minutes until fish is done but NOT OVER COOKED.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This is a very easy recipe and if these are your blend of flavors you might enjoy this meal. I felt the tarragon was not the right fit for this dish. Keep it simple with lemon, butter, salt, and pepper. Dress with scallions and parsley. Watch the cook time on the flounder, 15 minutes is a long time to cook flounder. Mine was ready after 5 minutes of cooking.
This unfortunately did not work out for us at all. I am reviewing without stars for now, though, in case it was the fault of the fish we picked up this afternoon, although it was fresh. This was very quick and simple to prepare but much too strong and with no other real flavors to balance out the fish. Thanks for posting and giving us a chance to try it, though! :o)
im going to try this one