Recipe by Ambassadress of GoodHumor
Adapted from a 1990 issue of Southern Living. Recipe produces a tasty dish that also looks wonderfully elegant.
Top Review by miga
Hi Thought I would give this a try, as I have never heard of the cheese used here in New Zealand I substituted a Tasty Chedder. It is not a strong cheese but very nice anyway. Turned out fine, I ahd squeezed a little lemon juice on the fish before putting the cheese on top. Served it on a vegitable rice mixture. Gave the plates a really nice look about them, judging by the approval of my taste testers ( a buch of guys who come over when my wife is away) you can safley dsay it was a success. Now I have to try it oput on the girls!! KIWI GEORGE
- 4 (1/4 lb) flounder fillets
- 4 ounces muenster cheese, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange fillets in lightly-greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Place cheese slices on top of each fillet.
- Combine crumbs, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over fish& cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes evenly when tested with fork.