Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an English recipe that I found on the recipesource.com website.
- 4 flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Prheat oven to 450°F or Gas Mark 8. Rinse and dry the flounders.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the parsley, chives, tarragon and nutmeg.
- Butter an ovenproof dish and coat with the herb mixture.
- Arrange the fish in the prepared baking dish. Pour the wine over the fish Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 1 oz. of the butter, and pour on to the fish, then cover with the breadcrumbs. Dot with the remaining butter on top of the breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 to 15 minutes, near the top of the oven, so the breadcrumbs brown, adding a little extra butter if they look dry.
- Serve, garnished with sprigs of fresh parsley.