This is an English recipe that I found on the recipesource.com website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 flounder fillets
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs, for garnish
- 1Prheat oven to 450°F or Gas Mark 8. Rinse and dry the flounders.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, combine the parsley, chives, tarragon and nutmeg.
- 3Butter an ovenproof dish and coat with the herb mixture.
- 4Arrange the fish in the prepared baking dish. Pour the wine over the fish Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Melt 1 oz. of the butter, and pour on to the fish, then cover with the breadcrumbs. Dot with the remaining butter on top of the breadcrumbs.
- 6Bake at 450°F for 10 to 15 minutes, near the top of the oven, so the breadcrumbs brown, adding a little extra butter if they look dry.
- 7Serve, garnished with sprigs of fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Flounder
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.1
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 207.6 mg
- Sodium 2758.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 49.8 g