1/5 Photos of Baked Fish with Tomatoes
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Another simple, yummy recipe for cod. Please feel free to use fresh herbs in place of the dried. I usually sprinkle the top with some fresh parsley. Can also use fresh tomatoes when they are in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (I like whole, peeled canned tomatoes and I crush them by hand)
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat your over to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- 3Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- 4Add onion and pepper and saute until softened.
- 5Stir in flour, brown sugar, herbs, salt and pepper to taste, and combine well.
- 6Gradually stir in tomatoes with juice.
- 7Bring sauce to a boil.
- 8Keep stiring until sauce has slightly thickened.
- 9Place fish fillets in baking dish and top with the sauce.
- 10Place dish in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fish with Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 265.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 21.7 g