Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 white fish fillets, whole (about 300g each)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Place fish onto large pieces of foil.
- Make three deep incissions with sharp knife on each side of fish.
- In a food processor, combine onion, garlic, ginger, lemon rind, tamarind sauce, light soy sauce and peanut oil, blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread mixture on both sides and inside the fish.
- Wrap foil around fish, secure firmly.
- Place fish in a baking dish, bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes, or until fish is just cooked.
I thought it was pretty good, DH did not, I think both of us wanted a little more flavor. I used tamarind puree and cooked it down, so that may have been the problem.