Recipe by Shazzie
I love this recipe because its not only delicious, but so easy to make! Despite its simplicity, it can be presented as a "fancy" dish for guests if baked and served on a glass, fish-shaped platter.
Top Review by MelissaO'
My husband said, "Yum" too many times to count!
I didn't have any sour cream, so against above advice, I used non-fat plain greek yogurt. I thought it worked perfectly! Also, I didn't have the chips, so I crushed up some parmesan flavored Goldfish crackers instead. DELICIOUS!
- 2 lbs hake fillets
- 1 cup sour cream (If you substitute the sour cream with yoghurt, dish is inclined to be sour)
- 1 ounce sour cream and onion potato chips (crushed)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped for garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- If using frozen hake, defrost and dry with kitchen towels.
- Lightly season the fish fillets with salt and peper and arrange in a greased oven dish.
- Combine the sour cream, potato crisps, garlic, cheese, chives and paprika and spread over fish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. (Thickest part of the fish should flake easily and no longer be glassy).
- Garnish with extra chives.