Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe because its not only delicious, but so easy to make! Despite its simplicity, it can be presented as a "fancy" dish for guests if baked and served on a glass, fish-shaped platter.
- 2 lbs hake fillets
- 1 cup sour cream (If you substitute the sour cream with yoghurt, dish is inclined to be sour)
- 1 ounce sour cream and onion potato chips (crushed)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped for garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- If using frozen hake, defrost and dry with kitchen towels.
- Lightly season the fish fillets with salt and peper and arrange in a greased oven dish.
- Combine the sour cream, potato crisps, garlic, cheese, chives and paprika and spread over fish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. (Thickest part of the fish should flake easily and no longer be glassy).
- Garnish with extra chives.
My husband said, "Yum" too many times to count!
I didn't have any sour cream, so against above advice, I used non-fat plain greek yogurt. I thought it worked perfectly! Also, I didn't have the chips, so I crushed up some parmesan flavored Goldfish crackers instead. DELICIOUS!
This was wonderful - I used Cottage Cheese instead of sour cream and did not combine the crushed chips but added them on top for the last 5 minutes of baking - Lovely crunchy topping. I used Basa filets Thanks for posting Shazzie
Yum, yum, Shazzie! Use all the ingredients as written; but topped the mixture with crushed Sour Cream-onion potato chips, instead of combining them in the mixture. Baked soft and flaky with a nice crunchy top. Brava, lady! A winner! Made for CameraLess Chefs in Cooking Photos.