Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A great one from Bon Appetit.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, chopped into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 6 (7 ounce) orange roughy or 6 (7 ounce) sea bass fillets
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped garlic to the pot and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in the next 5 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and cook vegetables about 10 minutes or until they begin to get soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the tomatoes and vinegar; stir to mix.
- Lower heat to medium; cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets in a lightly oiled 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until fish is just opaque in the center.
I have been trying to add more fish to our diet but wanted to stay away from recipes that called for batter and frying. This was wonderful and my family and I thought it was delicious. The vegetable sauce was pleasantly seasoned and went well with the mild flavor of the fish. I used orange roughy. Very easy. Thanks Nurse Di.