Recipe by Cooking46ofUs
Creamy Potatoes with lots of flavor and a Suprise of Yummy Baked fish inside. The recipe comes from Favorite Brand Name Best-Loved Casseroles Cookbook
- 1 lb baking potato, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, divided
- 1 lb lean fish fillet, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven 375 degrees.
- Arrange half of potatoes in buttered 3 quart casserole dish. Top with half of onion and half of bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. sprinkle with 1/4 tsp oregeno. arrange fish in one layer over vegetebles. Arrange remaining potatoes, onion and bell pepper over fish. Season with salt and pepper and add remaining 1/4 teaspoons oregeno.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour white sauce over casserole. Cover and bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.