Recipe by LizzyGirl09
Light and delicious. Tilapia is listed but any kind of fish will work with this recipe. This was served with rice pilaf and sauteed spinach.
Top Review by loof
This is a lovely preparation for fish! I used regular white mushrooms and thyme as the seasoning option. Easy to prepare and delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for My3Chefs 2013
- 4 -6 tilapia fillets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (portabella recommended)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon or 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a nonreactive pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add fish filets and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms, zucchini, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste; sautee for five to seven minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Top fish with mushroom-zucchini mixture and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, covered, for twelve to twenty minutes, depending on thickness of filets. Fish will flake easily with a fork when cooked through.