Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a delicious baked fish recipe for two with a light topping that adds great flavor. Cod, orange roughy or any other white fish works well in this recipe.
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 10 ounces fish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth or 1⁄4 cup other wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In small skillet, heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings and saute over high heat, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Place fish in 1-qt.
- casserole and top with mushroom mixture, scallions and vermouth; bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle with parsley just before serving.