Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that tastes great especially with any white fish.... example. bass, pickerel, cod, basa, etc. it takes very little preparation and it tastes like you have slaved over it to make it as good as it is. Leftovers are just as great reheated the next day and tastes like it was just freshly created. This is a real crowd pleaser and is one of my favourites
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I'm not a big hot spicy food kind of gal)
- fresh lemon juice
- 4 fish fillets (bass, cod or any white fish)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup four-cheese Mexican blend cheese or 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 365°F.
- Melt butter in Glass casserole dish.
- Place fillets in dish and sprinkle with sage, lemon pepper, cayenne pepper and squeeze fresh lemon over entire fillets.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Mix a tablespoon of mayonnaise and grated marble cheese (or any other type of cheese listed above). Mix into a paste.
- Once fish has baked in oven and turn on the broiler.
- Use fork to dab the may/ cheese mixture on top of fillets.
- Place fillets bake int he oven under broiler and broil until nice and brown.
- Smear over fillets.
Excellent<br/>I only baked for 20 minutes, it came out fantastic!