Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
an easy dish - delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock fillets, frozen
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Place frozen fillets in shallow buttered baking dish.
- In saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes; pour over fillets.
- Top with 1 cup buttered breadcrumbs which have been lightly seasoned with poultry seasoning (or 1 cup prepared stuffing mix.).
- Dot with butter and bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- This may easily be halved.
It's always nice to find a new recipe for fish, we eat a lot of fish and you can get fed up with it being done the same old way this was a nice change. I cut the recipe by half, other than that I followed the recipe. I served it with green beans with some sesame seeds sprinkled on top a very nice lunch. Thank you for posting.