Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb fish fillet, your choice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, Ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Place fish fillets into a medium sized bowl and sprinkle with salt, turmeric, cumin, black pepper and garlic, tossing to coat well.
- Cover and marinate for 50 - 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with the vegetable oil.
- Place the fish in a single layer inside the baking dish, and pour the marinade on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- The fish should be firm to the touch.
- Fish is done when it easily flakes with a fork.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice 5 minutes before serving.
Simple but, yummy. I added a bit of garlic to this when I cooked it.
This is the 2nd recipe I ever made off Zaar eons ago, made it a handful of times, misplaced it, just found it again in a magazine, now rating it finally !!!! Delicious & healthy. I use lotsa lemon, love lemon on fish. Great for a low carb meal plan. Quick for a week night meal.
I cooked the fish on top of sliced tomatoes and chopped garlic cloves. On top of the fish, I put thinly sliced onion and sprinkled dill weed. Dish was excellent. Served with boiled baby potatoes and garlic beans with pawpaw salsa on the side. We'll be making this again for sure!