Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in an old 1985 Southern Living magazine. Although I've never tried the recipe, it reminded me of a dish my Louisiana cousins used to make when we visited in the summertime as kids.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb frozen perch fillet, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onion and green pepper in oil in a heavy saucepan till tender. Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- Place fish fillets in a greased 12 x 7 x 2 in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce on top and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 10-15 min., or till fish flakes easily with a fork.