Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with a summer veggie couscous pilaf. from Lisa Miller of Woman's Day mag.
- 4 fish fillets (halibut is good or red snapper)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced (preferably Haas, the very dark skinned variety)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, for easy cleanup.
- Brush both sides of fish with 1 tablespoon oil, place on lined pan.
- Sprinkle fish with 1/8 teaspoon pepper, the garlic powder, basil and marjoram and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until fish is just barely opaque at centre.
- Meanwhile put tomato and avacado into medium bowl, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss to mix and coat.
- Serve over fish.
Very delicious fish recipe. I didn't really measure out the spices, just sprinkled on the fish fillets. We thought they enhanced the flavor of the fish. Also, the tomato-avocado relish was a wonderful accompaniment. A lovely, tasty, low-cal dish. Thanks Dorothy.
So simple, yet so tasty and refreshing!
The tomato/avocado mixture is nice and refrehing over fish. We grilled the fish instead of baking.