Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A very easy, very tasty way to incorporate more fish in our diet.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, minced
- 2 lbs fish steaks
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Combine sour cream, tarragon, green onion, garlic, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, both cheeses, and parsley.
- Dip fish in sour cream mixture then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Place fish on baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
This is very good!!! I used a thick piece of Cod filet. It made the cod juicy and plump. The flavors of the sour cream mixture and breading mixture came together quite well. I am going to try this with different kinds of fish. This is a definite keeper. Thanks for a great recipe Evelyn.
This was so delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and it was easy to make and so yummy! I've made it twice - once with halibut and once with white ruffy (both frozen from Trader Joes) and they were great. The white ruffy was better with this recipe because it is thinner. I used low fat sour cream and it came out great. I can't wait to try it with other fish. Thanks!
This was very tastyI didn't have any swiss on hand so just used some cheddar & mozza, had so much I gave some of the leftovers to my sister & her DH they loved it too thanks