Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful, easy dish that looks impressive!
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bunch swiss chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans salt-free tomato sauce
- 4 ounces red wine
- 2 lbs white fish fillets or 2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 lbs cod fish fillets or 2 lbs sea bass fillets, works well
- Put 2 tbls olive oil in large Pyrex baking dish.
- Rub both sides of fish with oil.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- (fish is opaque and browned).
- While fish is baking saute Swiss Chard, garlic and leeks in 2 tbls of olive oil until limp.
- Stir in herbs.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add one can of tomato sauce and 1/2 can of red wine. Simmer 10 more minutes.
- If sauce looks dry, add the other can of tomato sauce.
- When fish is done, put vegetables and sauce on top.
- Bake in 275 degree oven for 15 minutes.