Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Better than cafeteria
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 1 cup whole grain cereal (like Wheaties)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 16 ounces cod, cut into 1/2-inch x 3-inch strips
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, add breadcrumbs, cereal, lemon pepper, garlic powder, paprika and salt - process until finely ground. More mixture into a shallow dish.
- Place flour in another shallow dish and add the egg whites to a third dish. Dredge each strip of fish in the flour, then into the egg and finally coat all sides with the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the rack and then coat each side of the breaded fish with a spray of olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through and the breading is golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.