Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Betty Crocker International Cookbook. It states it is low-calorie, but it sure doesn't taste low-cal. I used cod, but I think just about any fish would be just as delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish steaks (I used cod) or 1 1⁄2 lbs fillets (I used cod)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 slices (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- If fish is large, cut into 6 serving portions. Arrange fish in ungreased 8x8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with green pepper rings, tomato slices, and onion slices.
- Mix together the lemon juice, oil and garlic. Pour seasoned lemon juice over fish. Cover.
- Bake in oven at 375°F for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook until fish flakes easily with fork, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Garnish with lemon slices, and serve hot.
This is a winner especially after all the wonderful recipes I have made for the Fall PAC 2012. (every recipe was delicious) but this was light, easy and definately tasty. I did cut the recipe in half for DH and I and thinly cut the pepper, onions and tomato. I used two fairly big and thick pieces of tilapia so I didn't cook quite as long as I would have had I used cod. So glad I thinly cut the vegies so they got done. Served with rice pilaf and a small green salad. Going into my Favorites of 2012 and also my Healthy Eating cookbook. Thank you for posting.