Recipe by Geema
I love the sunny provencal flavors the vegetables and olives add to this baked fish recipe. I like it served with some saffron couscous and sauteed brocolli with a dusting of parmesan overall.
- 4 cod or 4 red snapper or 4 other firm fish fillets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped coarsely
- 28 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup basil, fresh,chopped
- 8 black Greek olives, pitted,sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450'F.
- Arrange fillets in 8x8x2" square baking dish.
- Saute onion, red bell pepper and garlic in oil in medium-size skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes, capers, basil, olives, lemon juice, oregano, salt if using, and pepper.
- Simmer,stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over fish.
- Bake in preheated 450'F.
- oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.