Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
found this recipe in a church cookbook. one of my favorites.it's better than fried.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry onion flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fish fillet (scod orange roughy)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- combine first nine ingredients.
- cut fish in serving size pieces.
- dip fish in melted butter turning to coat both sides.
- dip fish in crumbs,coating well.
- place fish on lightly butter shallow pan.
- spinkle with remaining butter (don't overdo).
- bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes.
I used this recipe with Basa basa. It's a light white fish and it was great. Almost had a bit of a chicken taste to it but lighter. I used a bit of olive oil and fired it to. Very good thanks so much for the recipe!
This is very good, there's just twice as much breadcrumb coating as is needed. Love the flavor, texture and color but next time I'll cut all the ingredients except the fish and butter in half.