Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple Asian inspired fish dish that is easy to prepare and delicious served with rice or noodles. Found on web site, "Hooked on Seafood". Recipe by Simon Holst.
- 14.79 ml soy sauce, light
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml cornflour
- 59.14 ml sweet chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, large, peeled and chopped
- 14.79 ml coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 carrot, medium
- 150 g green beans or 150 g asparagus, approximately
- 300 g fish fillets (cod, tarakihi, gurnard, snapper or salmon)
- Preheat the oven to 200° C with a baking tray in the centre of the oven.
- Measure the soy sauce and lemon juice into a small bowl. Add the cornflour and mix until the are no lumps, then stir in the sweet chilli sauce, garlic and chopped coriander (if using).
- Cut the carrot into thin julienne's and top and tail the beans or trim the asparagus spears and cut them diagonally into 5cm pieces. Place a 30x40 cm piece of baking paper (or foil) on a dinner plate (this stops the sauce running off) and place half the vegetables in the middle. Place one serving of the fish on top of the vegetables, then drizzle the stack with half the sauce. Fold up the edges of the baking paper (or foil) sheets and seal loosely with paperclips. Repeat the process on another sheet of paper or foil.
- Carefully lift the parcels onto the hot baking tray in the oven, then bake at 200° C for 12 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the parcels to cool for a few minutes before serving with rice or noodles.
I love fish and I love your recipe!
The preparation was very easy and in 10 minutes I had my 4 portions ready for the oven.
This recipe is very flexible and other vegetables can be used for this (for examples mushrooms).
I served this with yellow asian rice (adding turmeric, roasted onions and salt to the cooking water) and made a wonderful composition.
Thanks a lot for your recipe and for the dinner!
Loved the sauce on the fish, very tasty, with just the right amount of heat. I used cod, but I think this would be even better on salmon.