1/1 Photo of Baked Fish Nuggets
I had five pieces of IQF tilapia defrosted tonight, but no inspiration on how to prepare them. I happened to look in the freezer and see a bag of tater tots. "Finger foods sounds good" I thought. So I tweaked a recipe from a Cooking Light cookbook into this recipe. My kids loved it. They ate them with ketchup while I prefered tartar sauce. We all also had tater tots and applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the fresh bread crumbs on a cookie sheet and place them in the oven until they are toasted (3-5 minutes). Take them out and set them aside to cool.
- 2Turn the oven up to 425 degrees.
- 3Cut the tilapia into slices about one inch thick. (I cut mine on the short side because my kids are small and like small nuggets.).
- 4Put the tilapia in a bowl and add the milk. Stir well.
- 5In a large ziploc type bag add the toasted bread crumbs, cornmeal, and pepper.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, remove the fish from the milk and put the pieces into the bag. Seal it and then shake it up so all the pieces are coated.
- 7Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 8Place the nuggets on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with salt.
- 9Bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 15-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fish Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: