Recipe by Lorac
A bit of white wine and oregano turns canned tomato sauce into a lovely baking sauce for any type of firm fleshed white fish. A nice way to dress up previously frozen fish fillets.
- 1 lb fish fillet (such as cod, pollock or haddock)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil a baking pan.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and arrange in baking pan.
- Combine tomato sauce, wine and oregano and pour over fish.
- Cover with foil and bake 10-15 or until fillet centers turn opaque.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the fish.
- Slice the other half into 4 wedges and serve with the fillets.