Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A bit of white wine and oregano turns canned tomato sauce into a lovely baking sauce for any type of firm fleshed white fish. A nice way to dress up previously frozen fish fillets.
- 1 lb fish fillet (such as cod, pollock or haddock)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil a baking pan.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and arrange in baking pan.
- Combine tomato sauce, wine and oregano and pour over fish.
- Cover with foil and bake 10-15 or until fillet centers turn opaque.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the fish.
- Slice the other half into 4 wedges and serve with the fillets.
My husband and father in law loved it. I used fresh tomatos instead and added a bit of garlic. It was simple and i will be making it again. Thnx
We loved this fish. The tomato sauce, lemon, wine and oregano makes a great combination. I added a wee bit of sugar to the sauce (just something I do when tomato sauce is involved). I used cod and the white wine. I, too had to bake mine close to 25 minutes. I'll make this again. Thanx for the recipe.
Before making this recipe I had read dorel's review and it served me well . Baking time is dedinitely 25 mi.I share her comments, this dish turned out a real threat. One recipe to keep.