1/2 Photos of Baked Fish in Soy Ginger Sauce
Simple . . . flavorful . . . quick . . . low-cal. I advise the use of both LOW SODIUM chicken bouillon cubes as well as LOW SODIUM soy sauce when possible so that you can adjust the salt level to your own preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) white fish fillets (catfish, basa, or of your choosing)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 large scallions
- 1 piece ginger, peeled (2" X 1")
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (careful with salt as regular bouillon and soy sauce are salty themselves !)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- 2Place fish fillets in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- 3Dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in one cup boiling water, and set aside.
- 4Clean the scallions, and cut each in half (basically, separating white part from green); slice the green portions, then cut the white portion in matchstick-size pieces.
- 5Keep these apart, you will be using them separately.
- 6Slice the ginger into matchstick-size pieces.
- 7From the one cup bouillon, remove 1/4 cup and pour this over the fish; sprinkle the fillets with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper if using, then top with the green portion of the scallions.
- 8Place, covered, in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- 9In a small bowl, mix the remaining bouillon with the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch and 2 TBS water; set aside.
- 10Heat the oil in a small non-stick skillet.
- 11Add the scallion strips and the ginger and cook until golden (just a few minutes).
- 12Give the soy mixture a good stir, then add to the skillet.
- 13Heat to boiling, and boil stirring for 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- 14Remove fish from oven and onto serving plates.
- 15Serve sauce over the fish.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Fish in Soy Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 618.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar