Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from a childrens cook book published by UNICEF. This meal used to be our familys favourite. It is very easy and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 fish fillets or 6 cod fish fillets
- 1 lemon
- salt, pepper to taste
- 200 g emmenthaler cheese or 200 g tilsiter cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven at 180° celsius.
- Butter a baking-dish.
- Put the fillets into the baking-dish.
- Season the fillets with salt, pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cover the fish with ground cheese.
- Mix mustard with cream and pour it over fish fillets.
- Cover with breadcrumbs.
- Bake the fillets for 35 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
This is absolutely outstanding - the most flavorful fish recipe I have ever had.. I couldn't believe how tasty it was, given so few ingredients - but they work, and they work well together! I will be making this often.. thanks..
This was very good, Loved the lemon flavor, I added parmesan, and some old bay seasoning, All I had was some swiss and mozzarella cheese that i mixed together, Turned out sooo good. Very flavorful. Thank you for the Recipe, I will make this again.
It turned out very good. I used a thick grouper fillet, which is also a very white mild fish. I didn't change any ingredients, but I did add the lemon juice with the cream and mustard rather than squeezing the lemon on with the salt and pepper. I just felt it blended in better. I used a mild swiss cheese fresh grated.
Depending on the thickness of the fish will adjust your cooking time. I cooked mine for 15 and then flipped on the broiler for 2 minutes is all, just to lightly brown.
For a garnish I served it with a lemon slice and fresh chopped parsley
Very nice and very easy, thx