Simple and pretty!
Make and share this Baked Fish Fillets With Star Fruit (Carambola) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Select a baking dish to hold fillets in a single layer. Spread a little less than half the butter in the dish.
- Set fillets on butter. Add salt and pepper.
- Cut off star fruit tips. Slice fruit thin; arrange on fish.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Taste star fruit; if rather sweet, sprinkle with a healthy dose of lime juice; if tart, a smaller amount.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until fish just becomes opaque in the center. It will continue to bake in the dish, so do not overcook.
- Serve at once.
Very good -- although I didn't have any star fruit and used an orange instead (skipped the lime juice). Thanks for sharing!