Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Simple and pretty!
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 fairly lean fish fillets, about 1/2 pound each, about 1/2 inch thick
- salt and white pepper
- 2 very small star fruit
- lime juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Select a baking dish to hold fillets in a single layer. Spread a little less than half the butter in the dish.
- Set fillets on butter. Add salt and pepper.
- Cut off star fruit tips. Slice fruit thin; arrange on fish.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Taste star fruit; if rather sweet, sprinkle with a healthy dose of lime juice; if tart, a smaller amount.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until fish just becomes opaque in the center. It will continue to bake in the dish, so do not overcook.
- Serve at once.
Very good -- although I didn't have any star fruit and used an orange instead (skipped the lime juice). Thanks for sharing!